Friday, February 21, 2014

Tasting - Sonnenband Moscato Magnum

Name: Sonnenband Moscato Magnum
Variety: 100% Muscat of Alexandria
Region: Mosel
Country: Germany
Year: Non-Vintage
Price: $20.00 (On Sale for $9.95)

Winery Review: This wine is intricate with the delicate perfumes of white flower blossoms, profound tropical fruit sweetness, and energized by citrus nectars.


My Review: Personally, I wasn't a big fan of this Moscato, mainly because it was a little too sweet for my palette.  The nose emitted the essence of perfume, as well as a hint of honeydew.  The taste was very up-front and bold, with notes of sweet pineapple and papaya apparent.  I could see how this wine might be attractive to some, but it wasn't particularly enjoyable to me.

I tasted this on its own with no food.

No comments:

Post a Comment