Friday, February 28, 2014

Tasting - CalNaturale Cabernet Sauvignon

Name: CalNaturale Cabernet Sauvignon
Variety: 95% Cabernet Sauvignon, 5% Viognier
Region: Paso Robles, California
Country: United States of America
Year: 2009
Price: $16.00 for 1 Liter (On Sale for $10.95)

Winery Review: 
95% Cabernet Sauvignon with 5% Viognier. This certified organic winery produces outstanding quality at reasonable prices offering classic Cabernet flavors of fresh herb, olive, cedar and cassis. Focused and intense, with a charming rustic side and broad tannins that firm up on the finish.

My Review: This was the first box wine that I had ever tasted and I was very impressed.  This very dry wine had a full nose, while imparting a variety of flavors.  I tasted earth, roots, firewood, and charcoal, among others.  It provided a buttery finish that left me wanting more.

I tasted this on its own with no food.

No comments:

Post a Comment