Thursday, February 6, 2014

Tasting - Angove Zibibbo Sparkling Moscato

Name: Angove Zibibbo Sparkling Moscato
Variety: 100% Muscat of Alexandria
Region: South Australia
Country: Australia
Year: Non-Vintage
Price: $15.00 (On Sale for $7.95)

Winery Review: This is a tasty and generous Moscato that opens with plush aromas of honey, peach syrup, white flower and fragrant exotic fruit. There’s a nice sensation of fullness and creaminess in the mouth that is backed by the foamy effervescence of this sparkling dessert wine.


My Review: I thought that this sparkling Moscato was fantastic!  The nose was extremely floral, with hints of black pepper present.  The tastes apparent in this vibrant sparkling wine included honey, earth, flowers, and various spices.  I definitely noticed the high residual sugar content in this wine, as it was delightfully sweet.  The added infusion of carbonation added a zest to this wine that left a lasting impression on my palette.  I truly enjoyed this sparkling Moscato!

I tasted this on its own with no food.

No comments:

Post a Comment