Friday, January 31, 2014

Tasting - Weinkeller Erbach Flonheimer Adelberg Silvaner

Name: Weinkeller Erbach Flonheimer Adelberg Silvaner
Variety: 100% Silvaner
Region: Rheinhessen
Country: Germany
Year: 2010
Price: $18.00

Winery Review: “The fruity, mouthwatering wine has a nice acidity-sugar balance and comes from the so called 'Rheinhessen-Switzerland', the heartland of Rheinhessen. It has a floral bouquet and is full of lemon zest, hint of passion fruit, and smells like yellow fruit, lemon-grass and green tea, all wrapped around a pleasant creaminess and a semi-dry profile. The finish is zippy and refreshing. Perfect for party on the deck as it comes in a liter bottle!”


My Review: Personally, I was not very fond of this wine.  Right from the start, there seemed to be something odd about it.  The nose of the wine reminded me of a very earthy, oak-like smell.  In addition, I tasted very few of the descriptors provided in the winery review.  To me, the wine tasted almost moldy, though I will say that it had a somewhat tangy finish.  Overall, I wasn't thrilled with this particular wine.

I tasted this on its own with no food.

No comments:

Post a Comment