Friday, January 31, 2014

Tasting - Cortenova Pinot Grigio

Name: Cortenova Pinot Grigio
Variety: 100% Pinot Grigio
Region: Veneto (Venezie)
Country: Italy
Year: 2012
Price: $7.95

Winery Review: Brilliant straw color with emerald reflections.  Fresh and floral bouquet with a hint of pears, apricots and bananas.  Fresh and inviting with bright fruit and an easy drinking style with a pleasing hint of almonds in the finish.  Pairs well with seafood dishes, risottos with scampi,spaghetti with clams, sole in white wine.  Perfect also as an aperitif.

My Review: In my opinion, this was by far the best wine that I tasted at the Vintage Cellar on January 30th.  I found it to be a very light-bodied wine with smooth tropical flavors.  I particularly noticed the essence of pear in the wine, while I didn't detect as much of an apricot taste as the winery review would suggest.  In addition, I tasted some very subtle melon notes in the wine, which made it all the more enjoyable.  Excellent wine for the price!

I tasted this on its own with no food.

No comments:

Post a Comment