Friday, January 31, 2014

Tasting - Delaroche Cotes du Rhone

Name: Anne Delaroche Cotes du Rhone
Variety: 50% Syrah, 40% Grenache, 10% Mourvedre
Region: Rhone Valley
Country: France
Year: 2011
Price: $8.95

Winery Review: "This semi-opaque ruby, custom cuvée of 50% Syrah, 40% Grenache and 10% Mourvedre is made specifically for Fran Kysela. It exhibits very fresh, ripe dark red fruit with very good palate weight and depth and ends with rich fruit notes. Made from organically grown grapes. Incredible value!" - I-WineReview (December 2013), 90 pts.

My Review: This wine from the south-east of France exhibited a very mellow nose that gave off a mild earthy smell.  My first taste provided me with a rush of cherries, blackberries, and plums.  With a very supple texture, this wine provided an excellent variety of dark fruit notes that certainly tempted me to buy a bottle.  A great selection for the value!

I tasted this on its own with no food.

No comments:

Post a Comment